Sunday, June 23, 2013
It's Sunday and every Sunday we have a not-so-common dish in our home. Not-so-common meaning a dish that is served once a month. If its' my dad, he'll cook something of Ilonggo origin. If it's me, I usually cook my experiment recipe.
Today I'll be cooking a dish that is not yet serve in our home, and that is roast beef in red wine sauce. Luckily, we have an opened bottle of red wine sitting in the fridge since last Christmas, so better make good use of it. This will somewhat make a free space for our fridge so let's start cooking.
1 kilo Beef Tenderloin
3 teaspoons Olive Oil
1 bulb Garlic, halved horizontally along the center
1 head Onion, cut into quarter
2 pieces Carrots
2 cups Red Wine
2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
1/2 cup Water
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius. Tie the Tenderloin to form a log of meat. Generously season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
2. Heat olive oil and add garlic. When smoking hot, add the meat. Sear (brown) the meat on all sides.
3. Remove the meat and add onions and carrots. Pour in the red wine and deglaze the pan. Put the seared beef on top of the vegetables and tightly cover with aluminum and pop it in the oven for 1 hour and 30 minutes to 2 hours. Let the meat rest for 20 minutes before cutting.
4. For the sauce, sieve the juices in the roasting pan and mashed and press that garlic. Simmer the juice in a sauce pan. Pour a cup of water of broth (for more flavorful experience), season with salt and pepper. Dissolve cornstarch in water and add a tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is achieved.
- ► 2014 (45)
- Peach Mango Crumb Bar a la Kusina ni Teds
- Salami Stromboli a la Kusina ni Teds
- Roast Tenderloin Beef in Red Wine Sauce a la Kusin...
- Carrot Cupcake with Walnut and Cream Cheese Frosti...
- Grilled Chicken Tortilla with Mango and Alfalfa
- Curry Fried Rice with Caramelized Onion Rings
- Red Horse Beer Battered Fish Fillet with Yogurt-So...
- Carrot Cake Loaf a la Kusina ni Teds
- Radish Ensalada a la Kusina ni Teds
- Cheesy Scrambled Egg Sandwich with Caramelized Oni...
- Kahlua Fudge Brownies
- ▼ June (11)