Saturday, June 8, 2013
It's Saturday and Saturday is wash day. I woke up early today so I could finish the laundry early and to make good use of the sun. What I need before doing this choir is a good heavy breakfast. Doing the laundry is an energy consuming and sweat breaking activity to start the day.
Luckily, we had some left over rice from last night. What's good with left over rice? Well, I'll get a delicious bowl of fried rice to start my day. Some nice left over rice but no other ingredients in the fridge to go with it will not stop me from having a nice breakfast of fried rice. The saviors of this dish is the curry powder and a couple of eggs.
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 piece Onion, sliced into onion ring style
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 1/2 teaspoons Curry Powder
1 1/2 cups Left Over Rice
2 pieces Eggs
Salt to taste
1. Heat pan and saute the onion rings in olive oil. Caramelized the onions and set aside.
2. Using the same pan, add extra olive oil and curry powder. Let the curry powder infused in the olive oil.
3. Add the left over rice and mix well until all the rice are covered with the curry oil mixture.
4. Make a well and crack the egg. Mix the egg and rice mixture until the scrambled eggs are cook. Season with salt.
5. Mix and garnish with the caramelized onion.
HOW DOES IT TASTE?
The rice is full of flavor and aroma of the curry powder. I like the way the curry powder adds spice to the dish. The caramelized onion is wonderfully adds sweetness to the spicy flavor of the curry.
- ► 2015 (24)
- ► 2014 (45)
- Peach Mango Crumb Bar a la Kusina ni Teds
- Salami Stromboli a la Kusina ni Teds
- Roast Tenderloin Beef in Red Wine Sauce a la Kusin...
- Carrot Cupcake with Walnut and Cream Cheese Frosti...
- Grilled Chicken Tortilla with Mango and Alfalfa
- Curry Fried Rice with Caramelized Onion Rings
- Red Horse Beer Battered Fish Fillet with Yogurt-So...
- Carrot Cake Loaf a la Kusina ni Teds
- Radish Ensalada a la Kusina ni Teds
- Cheesy Scrambled Egg Sandwich with Caramelized Oni...
- Kahlua Fudge Brownies
- ▼ June (11)
- Appetizer (15)
- Beef (11)
- bread (36)
- breakfast (30)
- brownie (4)
- cakes (19)
- chicken (15)
- Chocolate (4)
- Cookies (6)
- dessert (24)
- drinks (2)
- eggs (19)
- fish (16)
- Food Review (2)
- fruits (14)
- noodles (6)
- pasta (12)
- Pork (35)
- rice (20)
- sandwich (11)
- seafoods (16)
- snack (69)
- soup (5)
- Unwrapped (2)
- vegetable (33)